It is a general notion that whatever ranks on Google is true and can be trusted; imagine someone running a hotel and receiving nothing but BAD reviews on a popular and trusted travel-website like ‘TripAdvisor that ranks high on Google.
If a hotel is trashed in reviews by a couple of users on TripAdvisor, then it is more than enough to bring its reputation down.
It won’t be easy to remove or block all negative comments about hotels, but one can always push them down by bringing good content up thereby making it rank on the first-pages of Google.
Top tips for Hotel Reputation Management:
- Monitor social-networking sites, and other online media to check what people talk in general about your business
- Respond to user comments, suggestions, feedback, complaints, and reviews, without fail
- Regular communication and more of interaction with web-users on a daily basis helps, and can help one tap new business opportunities from nowhere
- Actively communicate and interact with people/online users on some of these popular sites: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Submit relevant theme-based audio-video, and textual files more, to keep the users engaged
- Creating/joining different online communities and groups, for chat and discussion forums always help, to know minds of people
- Update your website daily/often with new stories about the business, post blogs, news articles about events and conferences etc. to keep the users well-informed about the company
- Holiday deals, discounts and offers, contests and giveaways can help in keeping the online users grooved to the business
- Incorporate reputation management in the ERP system to automate the business activities, and to streamline the process
- One can even seek experts and consultants for business reputation management strategies
Finally, outsourcing online reputation management to Reputation Management Companies can be a better choice for the service industry as a whole!