Amitabh Bachchan, the legendry actor of Bollywood seems to be amidst a controversy for all the wrong reasons. This time it started with Amitabh Bachchan agreeing to be the brand ambassador for Gujarat (a state in India). This led to massive opposition by the ruling Congress party. Meanwhile Amitabh had claimed that, by accepting the brand ambassadorship for the state, he is not endorsing the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi or his politics, but just the state’s tourism.
If we look at the large picture, we can find that, its not the first time Amitabh Bachchan has been dragged into such a controversy, the star does have a history of being part of many such controversies.
The political boxing involving Bachchan has raised a serious concern for his online reputation. Being a national icon and noted celebrity all over the world, Bachchan has to give a thought, on does he really needs to be watchfull when it comes to politics.
“You want to stop me from promoting tourism in a state because you have reason to believe that there are political connotations to the event. This is such rubbish! All I shall be doing will be working in a short film that shall highlight the various places of interest in the state, so that it encourages more tourists to visit the region,” he said. Bachchan said those who take umbrage at his association with Gujarat do not have the courage to stop “a Ratan Tata or an Ambani” from investing in the state and running successful ventures there.
Its not only Amitabh who is in soup, his son Abhishek Bachchan too has had to face the music when the posters featuring him were removed from the Earth Hour event held in Delhi.
We, at Reputation Management For.com feel that,
- Amithabh Bachchan meticulously needs to chalk out a well defined strategy for himself, clean of all controversies.
- We also found that he runs a blog where he express his views about all the controversies he faces, which is a good sign.
- The need of the hour is a strong PR and a perfect online reputation.
- Being a celebrity entails lots of responsibilities; you are there online and obviously people follow you.
- Imagine one bad comment can tarnish your online reputation beyond repair. And search engines have the habit to show those posts which gets maximum hits on top, needless to say people love reading all sorts of negative stories about their stars.
Online Celebrity Reputation Management is one tool which ensures that every negative comments is tracked and dealt sternly. Also we feel that Amitabh should clear his stance and make more positive vibes online before being considered a political football by his fans.
Google searches now show mixed results both negative as well funny ones for the star. This can be damaging for the iconic hero, and surely he will not want to take chances with his goodwill, which others are enjoying at his expense.