Remove Pages and Profiles from Facebook
When Facebook announced you can create pages for companies all the SEO and Spammers of this world soon cotton on and race to register loads of Brand Pages. The number of bogus pages far out-weighd the real ones dramatically.
If you find a page about you, your company or your brand here are the steps to getting pages removed from facebook.com
What do I do when I see a Page with offensive content or a Page that is pretending to be an artist or business that it's not?
The following comes from Facebook http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Facebook if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Facebook, the Facebook and F Logos, FB, Face, Poke, Wall and 32665), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Facebook.
facebook logo copyright Facebook Inc
Posted in Social Network Sites